CoalCitySteam.com welcomes a chance to reveal the beating heart behind the Giant Fist of The Emperor of the Red Forks Empire – Justinian . I like the 10 questions format, one for each of you mighty fingers.
1. The Red Fork Empire, with all its reveling in the unreal, sounds like a really great place. Can you tell me more?
The Empire encompasses billions of worlds, different realities, dimensions, parallel worlds, timelines, genres, cannon, and the multi-verse. However, it is not bound by these small obstacles, the only boundaries are those chosen by the Emperor. The center of the Empire is New Byzantium. The population of the empire is limitless. Citizens are welcome from every reality possible.
It seeks to form an association of beings who share the same interests, I.E. Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Photography, Music, or any other medium. Even if they do not know how, or not good at it, the RFE accepts beings that just enjoy it. As well as to those who find comfort in: Gaming, Role-playing, Fanfic, Costuming, Prop-building, Larp, Writing, Crafts, and aiding in World Domination. To develop a society for beings who enjoy going to conventions or events mostly involving: Sci-fi, Comic Books, Horror, Fantasy, Anime, Ren Faire, or whatever. To meet people of similar ideas, tastes, hobbies, whatnot.
Red Fork Empire
Those of the RFE will hold the line against the oppression of make-believe. All the citizens of the empire have a job to do so that the empire grows, imagination is enforced throughout all reality, and things that don’t exist never die. The most hated enemy of the RFE is the unwillingness to think creatively and with no imagination. The empire fights a never ending war against the Dull. Those who may have become one with the Dull and lack the all important attribute of imagination and creativity will be rescued by the empire. The Empire strives for originality and inventiveness, even if it does not fall under the banner of the RFE. Those who do not see the eternal magnificence that is the Emperor and the Red Fork Empire will in time. All are loyal to the Emperor.
2. Forgive me for quoting you back to you, but you said you are the “Emperor of twelve time lines and hold a seat on the sixth council of high lords. Conquering, Sleeping the sleep of the ancients, I take interest at people watching….I take great comfort in allowing beings to spend time with me and bask in my Omni-potent presence.” That’s a handful. How’s that working out for you?
For the time being, the Emperor is amused.
3.What’s the best thing you’ve seen recently in THIS timeline?
A favorable acceptance of the RFE by beings who show potential as upstanding Citizens. Oh, and how Steampunk has injected a desire into those who may not have used their creative attributes, like being shot in the head with an Imperial boiler pistol.
4. As for the care and feeding of an Emperor, what’s your pleasure? What feeds your soul?
The Emperor drinks deep from the well that is filled with the glory of the Empire and it’s Citizens.
5. Going to Steamcon, I see. Wait, I’m almost over the jealousy. Just another second. OK. So, does one check the mighty fist on the Airship, or does the hand get it’s own seat?
As the Emperor is not whole without his Gauntlet, he does not allow to be seperated far from his Gauntlet. It having it’s own seat would be silly. The Gauntlet is a carry on or personal Item. There was one incident that recently transpired within the Atlanta airport where a rather ridiculous security agent dared to halt the Gauntlet from passing through security. After some ranting by the Emperor, the gauntlet was given permission to pass.
6. At the recent Steampunk meet-up in Atlanta, you were looking a little – oh how shall I say – intense. Popping a few veins, as it were. Wanna talk about it?
The ages of existance, transversing though time and dimension leaves its marks upon the Emperor. At least, it has on the one you met.
7. Airship or Time Machine?
To anyone who knows the Emperor, the answer would be so obvious as being shot in the foot.
8. You know what they say about guys with big hands and big feet. Comment?
Just because I’m not big doesn’t mean I don’t rock.
9. What’s your #1 recommendation for a read in Sci-fi? Steampunk?
Anything by H P Lovecraft.
10. What’s next for the Emperor of the Red Fork Empire? (Or, where can your adoring subjects next worship you?)
The Emperor will be attending Steamcon in October, Dances of Vice III in November, and possibly a convention in Texas in January.
Bonus Question: How about a tell all regarding the big fist?
The Gauntlet is a part of him with his malnourished arm inside hooked in, being constantly scratched by gears. It is a manifestation of the will of the Imperial Citizenry. For some reason the gauntlet changes its appearance depending on the plane of existence the Emperor is on. Several incarnations of the gauntlet can emit a beam of different sources dependent on which gauntlet and which Emperor wields it. The Gauntlets originate from bio mechanical clockwork experimentation by his creator. It was forged in the heart of a sun and tempered with tears from long forgotten gods. It has its own sentience, at least that is what the Emperor believes. He himself replaced his arm with his own creation. The Emperor has had many gauntlet apparatus throughout the timelines.